25th Session of The Youth Assembly
Ways to Participate
Global Development Leadership Series (N.Y. Package)
February 13-17, 2020
- Event Pass to the 25th Session of The Youth Assembly in New York City, USA (February 14-16, 2020)
- CultureFest at the Closing Ceremony
- Opportunities Fair
- UN Guided Tour in New York City
- Permanent Mission Visits in New York City
- GDL Series Gala in New York City
- Electronic certificate of completion
- 4-night accommodations in New York City
- 4 meals (breakfasts only)
- Local transportation during the events
- Limited edition souvenirs (Notebook and pen, water bottle, conference bag, and more)
- Assistance of YA Guides
February 14-16, 2020
- Event Pass to the 25th Session of The Youth Assembly in New York City (February 14-16, 2020)
- CultureFest at the Closing Ceremony
- Notebook and Pen
- Electronic Certificate of Completion
- Delegates must be at least 16 years old by February 13, 2020
- Proven track record of leadership experience, school, or community involvement
- Interest in global affairs, sustainable development, and youth issues
- Proficient in English (Intermediate Level)
- September 16, 2019 –
November 3, 2019November 17, 2019 – Early bird registration
- November 17, 2019 –
January 3, 2020January 20, 2020 – Regular registration (Extended) January 3, 2020January 13, 2020 – Final payment deadline for Global Development Leadership Series (Extended)
- February 13-17, 2020 – Global Development Leadership Series
- February 14, 2020 – Opportunities Fair
- February 14-16, 2020 – 25th Session of The Youth Assembly
- September 16, 2019 –
Register by November 3, 2019 to receive one free pass to the Opportunities Fair (Value $35.00) on February 14, 2020
Official registration to The Youth Assembly can only be done online through the Friendship Ambassadors Foundation’s website. Please follow the requirements and instructions accordingly.
- All registrants should read the Terms and Conditions before filling out the online registration form.
- Spaces are limited. Registrations will be open on a “first come, first served” basis and based on program eligibility. A registration fee is required to process your application.
- Payment options to submit the registration payment include Credit Card, Check, or Bank Transfer. See below for more information.
- The registration form cannot be saved at any point and can only be submitted once all required information is fulfilled.
- Submission of the registration form does not automatically guarantee acceptance. A refund will be issued to registrants who did not meet our eligibility requirements.
- Upon submission of the form, you will receive an auto-response email, which includes a copy of your answers and additional information.
- For the GDL Series, fees can be paid in one or two installments.
- If paying in 1 installment at once, registrants receive a $50 discount.
- If paying in 2 separate installments, the first installment payment will be processed at the time of registration. Upon submission of the registration form, registrants will receive a reservation confirmation email with instructions on how to make the 2nd installment fee payment. GDL Series registrants must pay the 2nd installment within 6 weeks month of submitting their registration form. If no action is taken by the registrant within the given time 6 weeks period, their spot in The Global Development Leadership Series will be forfeited.
Interested delegations (groups of 5 or more delegates) are required to fill out the Delegation Program Interest Form. The interest form will be reviewed, and a determination will be made on the delegation’s eligibility. Qualifying delegations will receive an email with instructions on how to complete registration of its delegates. Please note that there must have 5 or more members in order to be considered a delegation.
Registration forms will not be processed without full payment.
- Credit card: We accept American Express, Discover Card, MasterCard, and Visa credit cards as forms of payment. Registrants who completed payment using Credit Card method will be notified regarding their registration and payment confirmation within 5 business days after registration submission.
- Check: Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for Conference only registration or email@example.com for the GDL series. Registrants who completed the payment using check will receive further instructions by email. (This form of payment is only available to registrants from the United States and Canada.)
- Bank/Wire Transfer: For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for Conference only registration or email@example.com for the GDL series. Registrants who completed the payment using bank/wire transfer will receive further instructions by email once the transfer has cleared.
- Conference-only and Global Development Leadership Series registrants will receive their official registration confirmation letter upon completion of full payment.
- The official registration confirmation letter for all Youth Assembly participants must be presented to Friendship Ambassadors Foundation staff on the day of conference/ program registration.
- Registrants must abide by the Participant Code of Conduct.
- Those who need to apply for a U.S. visa to attend The Youth Assembly are encouraged to apply as early as possible in order to have more time to obtain the visa.
- International registrants who are based outside of the United States are responsible for obtaining their own visa to travel to the US if required. Please note that the organizer’s responsibility is limited only to supplying the registration confirmation letter to the event. Friendship Ambassadors Foundation is not affiliated with US embassies abroad and has no ability to influence the embassies’ decisions on registrant visas.
- Registrants who require a U.S. visa to attend the event may request for an invitation letter once payment has been completed. Global Development Leadership Series registrants who require a U.S. visa to attend the program may request for their invitation letter after their 1st installment payment has been processed. Please look out for a separate email for instructions on how to request an invitation letter.
- Please note that all sessions at The Youth Assembly are conducted in English and that language translation services are not available at this time.
At this time, there is no financial aid available to support applicants. We suggest applicants check local organizations for sources of subsidy and support. You can also utilize our fundraising guide to assist you with your self-funding efforts.