- Delegates must be 16-28 years old by August 5, 2019
- 29 years and older may register as an Observer
- Proven track record of leadership experience, school, or community involvement
- Interest in global affairs, sustainable development, and youth issues
- Proficient in English (Intermediate Level)
- Early-bird registration – April 8 to May 20, 2019
- Regular registration – May 21 to June 30, 2019
- Late registration – July 1 to July 31, 2019*
*Subject to space availability for Conference Only, not available for the Global Development Leadership Series.
- All registrants should read the terms and conditions before filling out the online registration form.
- Spaces are limited. Registrations will be open on a “first come, first served” basis and based on program eligibility. A registration fee is required to process your application.
- Payment options to submit the registration payment include Credit Card, Check, or Bank Transfer.
- The registration form cannot be saved at any point and can only be submitted once all required information is fulfilled.
- Submission of the registration form does not automatically guarantee acceptance. A refund will be issued to registrants who did not meet our eligibility requirements.
- Upon submission of the form, you will receive an auto-response email, which includes a copy of your answers and additional information.
- For the GDL Series, fees can be paid in two installments. The first installment fee will be processed at the time of registration. Upon submission of the form, registrants will receive a reservation confirmation email with instructions on how to make the 2nd installment fee payment. GDL Series registrants must pay the 2nd installment within 1 month of submitting their registration form. If no action is taken by the registrant within the given time period, their spot in The Global Development Leadership Series will be forfeited.
Registration forms will not be processed without full payment.
Credit card: We accept American Express, Discover Card, MasterCard, and Visa credit cards as forms of payment. Registrants who completed payment using Credit Card method will be notified regarding their registration and payment confirmation within 5 business days after registration submission.
Check: Please email us at email@example.com for Conference only registration or firstname.lastname@example.org for the GDL series. Registrants can make the check payable in U.S. dollars to Friendship Ambassadors Foundation. Please mail to Friendship Ambassadors Foundation, 299 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich CT 06830 United States. Checks must indicate the full name of the applicant and/or registration identification number in the memo. Registrants who completed the payment using check will receive further instructions by email. (This form of payment is only available to registrants from the United States and Canada.)
- Bank/Wire Transfer: For more information, please contact us at email@example.com for Conference only registration or firstname.lastname@example.org for the GDL series. Registrants who completed the payment using bank/wire transfer will receive further instructions by email once the transfer has cleared.
- Conference-only and Global Development Leadership Series registrants will receive their official registration confirmation letter upon completion of full payment.
- The official registration confirmation letter for all Youth Assembly participants must be presented to Friendship Ambassadors Foundation staff on the day of conference/ program registration.
- Registrants must abide by the Participant Code of Conduct.
- Those who need to apply for a U.S. visa to attend The Youth Assembly are encouraged to apply as early as possible in order to have more time to obtain the visa.
- International registrants who are based outside of the United States are responsible for obtaining their own visa to travel to the US if required. Please note that the organizer’s responsibility is limited only to supplying the registration confirmation letter to the event. Friendship Ambassadors Foundation is not affiliated with US embassies abroad and has no ability to influence the embassies’ decisions on registrant visas.
- Registrants who require a U.S. visa to attend the event may request for an invitation letter once payment has been completed. Global Development Leadership Series registrants who require a U.S. visa to attend the program may request for their invitation letter after their 1st installment payment has been processed. Please look out for a separate email for instructions on how to request for an invitation letter.
Please note that all sessions at The Youth Assembly are conducted in English and that language translation services are not available at this time.
All registrants regardless if registering individually or as part of a group must complete the same registration guidelines. You may input the name of your group on the affiliation field on the registration form.
At this time, there is no financial aid available to support applicants. We suggest applicants check local organizations for sources of subsidy and support. You can also utilize our fundraising guide to assist you with your self-funding efforts.
Check out the latest session of The Youth Assembly in February 2019:
Ways to Participate
- Access to the 24th Session of The Youth Assembly in Washington, DC
- Leadership seminar and working group**
- Site visits of top influential organizations**
- Special event with complimentary dinner**
- Culture night performance show
**Based on package selected