24th Session of The Youth Assembly
August 8–10, 2019 • Washington, DC, USA
The world is changing at a lightning fast pace and the problems we are facing are becoming more complex than ever before. The 24th Session will explore the possibilities for young people to thrive and meet the challenges of the 21st century.
Agenda and Format
Guided by the theme “New Horizons for Global Youth”, the conference aims to tackle four focus areas – Human Development, Environment, Peace and Security, and Technology – in the form of panel discussions, hands-on workshops, and insightful keynotes. Participants have the option to concentrate on one focus area or explore various topics based on their preference and expertise. Sessions will explore interconnections between issues, regional specific contexts and the role youth can play. Each session will offer time for delegate participation, while networking opportunities and information sessions will provide ways to stay engaged and take the next step towards creating impact.
The learning objectives at the conference are guided by our Theory of Change. Through a holistic program, the participants will be able to:
- Connect and Engage – Build partnerships and motivation through connecting with influential young leaders, experts, and practitioners from across sectors and global regions
- Learn and Develop Skills – Discover groundbreaking new tools, knowledge, training, and resources to succeed in their projects
- Take Action and Create Impact – Co-create solutions and engage in new initiatives and opportunities to bring real impact to local and global communities.
Examine the intricacies of the human condition in a fast-changing world and brainstorm solutions on how to address major issues such as poverty, health, education, and various forms of inequalities.
Delve into an exploration of our world’s biggest environmental issues, including climate change, pollution, loss of biodiversity, as well as exciting new solutions such as renewable energy, green technology, and sustainable business, cities, and transport.
Learn the importance of including youth as stakeholders in achieving long term peace and stability and ways on how youth can have an impact in peacebuilding, plus other interrelated issues such as refugees and migration, human rights and institutions, and peaceful forms of civil resistance.
Discover the role of technology in addressing contemporary challenges, with an emphasis on exploring its positive as well as potentially negative implications and how youth can be prepared for new challenges on the horizon and beyond.
- Ending Poverty: The Resources We Need
- Improving Education and Teaching the SDGs
- Global Public Health and Disabilities
- Empowering Youth to Achieve Gender Equality
- The Humanitarian and Security Risks Posed by Climate Change