Global Development Leadership Series
The Youth Assembly Global Development Leadership Series or GDL Series offers a program that provides additional learning and networking opportunities to facilitate knowledge-sharing, connections, and action beyond the conference.
The Youth Assembly Global Development Leadership Series introduce aspiring leaders into the world of international development and affairs through an exploration of key principles and practices across a wide range of global issues, as well as high-level exchange with important players in the field.
Participants will have the opportunity to visit local, national, and/or global institutions from various sectors, interact with their experts, and understand how these organizations implement the SDGs and their solutions to major world issues. In addition to joining hundreds of other young leaders and changemakers at The Youth Assembly, participants also attend specialized learning and working group sessions to analyze issues, contribute ideas, and plan action-oriented solutions. Participants also get access to special events to network and celebrate diversity and friendship.
The Global Development Leadership Series’ learning objectives are guided by our Theory of Change. Through a specialized program, the participants will be able to:
- Educate and Develop – Learn the knowledge and skills necessary to address key sustainable development issues based on their specific track
- Connect and Engage – Join the dialogue and network with fellow delegates, leading organizations, and experts in their chosen field
- Act and Impact – Propose solutions and plans to drive action for sustainable development
- Event Pass to the 25th Session of The Youth Assembly in New York City, USA (February 14-16, 2020)
- CultureFest at the Closing Ceremony
- Opportunities Fair
- Permanent Mission Visits in New York City
- Welcome Gala in New York City
- Electronic certificate of completion
- 4-night accommodations in New York City
- Local transportation during the events
- Limited edition souvenirs (Notebook and pen, water bottle, conference bag, and more)
- Assistance of YA Guides
Past Organizational Visits*
*Final Visits and special events for the February 2020 session will be announced at a later date.