- Moderator: Kayla Colyard, Events & Partnerships Project Lead, UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Youth @SDSNYouth
- Satya Tripathi, Assistant Secretary-General, United Nations, and Head of New York Office, UN Environment @UNEP @SatyaTripathi
- Claudia Linke, Director of Industrial Development, UNIDO @UNIDO @UNIDONewYork
- Priyanka Chaterjee, Engineer, AeroFarms @AeroFarms
- Anthony Rossi, VP of Business Development, Loop, Terracycle @TerraCycle @rossi_anthony
Format: Speaker & Guided Roundtable Discussion (Deconstructed Panel)
This session will consider the various ways that we can lead a sustainable lifestyle by reducing and altering our consumption and production patterns of everyday goods and services. It will introduce the challenges we face in doing so and contemplate how suppliers (producers and manufacturers) and consumers can make sustainable choices in resource management and recycling. On the demand side, youth participants will develop ideas on how they can make sustainable choices in their lives and how they can influence peers, other stakeholders, and their local communities to do the same. Delegates should also be familiar with how they can address environmental challenges in their everyday life and how they can be committed to mobilizing others in joining them. The session seeks to provide delegates with an opportunity to network with other youth leaders in communicating their future plans in tackling environmental pollution.