- Moderator: Xan Northcott, Project Coordinator, Generation Global, Tony Blair Institute for Global Change @XanNorthcott
- Lincoln Mitchell, Adjunct Associate Professor of Political Science, Columbia University
- Paddy Torsney, Head of the New York Office, Permanent Observer to the United Nations in NYC, Inter-Parliamentary Union @IPUparliament
- Mandeep Tiwana, Chief Programmes Officer, CIVICUS @CIVICUSalliance
- Pablo Angulo, Peace and Security Officer, World Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA) @angulotroconis @WFUNA
Format: Speakers & Guided Roundtable Discussion (Deconstructed Panel)
This discussion will explore the latest progress and concrete pathways for raising youth participation in politics and advocacy. Speakers and participants will consider how young advocates can make an impact through political leadership, and also how intergenerational solidarity can contribute to making a difference. The session will consider ways to transform social and cultural norms, and economic and political systems to encourage and better enable youth participation. Discussions will provide insights to expedite meaningful inclusion of youth in decision-making at different governance and leadership levels. Topics to be covered include how young advocates can get involved with national politics, civil society, and international organizations to engage in politics or increase youth leadership in politics on a local or global scale.