- Moderator: Chris Vassallo, Board Member of Malta Sovereign Wealth Fund, and Co-Founder of Project Freedom
- George Hampton, Senior Advisor to the Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General for Sustainable Energy for All
- Jeff Jones, Communications and Partnerships Specialist, Alliance for Clean Energy NY
- Lindsay Meiman, Regional Communications Specialist, 350.org @lindsaymeim14 @350
- Kenneth Reece, Chairman and CEO, Solareum
Format: Panel with Q&A
This panel will focus on how we can further shift from fossil fuels to renewable energy and other power development for a cleaner earth and greener present and future. The goal of attaining universal access to reliable, affordable, clean, and modern energy requires greater efforts from energy suppliers, governments, and communities. Delegates will gain knowledge on the role of various stakeholders and also the challenges that we face in transitioning from fossil fuel use, like oil, gas, and coal to renewable energy, like solar, wind, and geothermal. Other considerations will include what can be done now and in the next 10 years in order to realize the Sustainable Development Agenda and in particular combat the inequality and the lack of accessibility of green energy. Governments, international organizations, NGOs, academia, and youth are key players in educating and advocating for a green planet as all actors rally to advance green energy and lifestyles in their local communities and beyond.