- Moderator: Dan Thomas, Chief Communications Officer, UN Global Compact @globalcompact
- Gülden Turkoz-Cosslett, Deputy Assistant Administrator and Deputy Director, Bureau for External Relations and Advocacy (BERA), UNDP
- Bobby Irven, Senior Communications Associate, BRAC USA @BRACworld
- Jordan Raupp, Asia Business Development Manager, Chemonics International @Chemonics
- Josh Williams, Founder, Joshua’s Heart Foundation, Ashoka Changemaker @Ashoka
Format: Panel with Q&A
This panel will focus on the facets to achieving human development, especially in poverty alleviation, across various avenues. People-centered development entails comprehensive and cross-cutting policies and investments in essential goods and services to meet basic needs and improve quality of life – from health to education, to nourishment, and more. In tackling poverty and prioritizing human development, financing must come from the public sector as well as the private sector. Delegates will examine issues impeding advancements in poverty eradication and consider ways to overcome them from the perspective of a variety of key development and aid sector stakeholders including governments, aid agencies, intergovernmental organizations, NGOs, and the private sector while illuminating pathways for youth to support development and investment in development in their own local communities.