- Moderator: Dr. Shruti Kapoor, Founder and CEO, Sayfty @SayftyCom @kapoors_s
- Rosa María de la Garza Ramírez, Activist
- Maggie Liu, Program and Impact Manager, Girl Up @GirlUp
- Donya Nasser, Gender Equality Advocate, Youth Strategist, and Social Entrepreneur @DonyaNasser
- Edward Wageni, HeForShe Program Manager, UN Women @wagenie @HeForShe
Format: Fireside Chat / Moderated Talk with Q&A
This session will analyze progress and pathways toward real gender equality. The discussion will consider how young gender equality advocates can make an impact in this field, and also how men and boys can contribute and make a difference. With the speakers, delegates will consider the possible wider social and economic benefits of gender equality, such as predictions that advancing gender equality has the potential to add $28 trillion to the global economy. Ultimately, this talk will explore ways to overcome harmful social and cultural norms, expand upon economic and political systems that cripple gender equality, and how to expedite progress, accountability, and change for a more gender-equal world.