Nominations will open soon
Friend of Humanity Award
The true measure of the Friendship Ambassadors Foundation’s success in developing young leaders and changemakers can be found in the achievements of its Alumni who have embodied our mission of creating a better world through the power of friendship. For over 45 years, the Friendship Ambassadors has impacted the lives of thousands of young people around the world through multiple cultural exchange programs and most recently, at our flagship program, The Youth Assembly. The Youth Assembly is globally known to serve as a unique platform for youth to learn, engage and together act to solve global issues and become an important part of the international discourse surrounding the Sustainable Development Goals.
Our Alumni come from diverse backgrounds, but they all have one thing in common – their world-changing potential and caring for humanity. Our community consists of emerging leaders, artists, social innovators, and advocates in their own communities and the world at large.
Our Alumni have gained unique distinction through success in their professions, service to the world, and contribution to their communities. Therefore, we are proud to honor one distinguished Alumnus annually and award them as a Friend of Humanity who has made significant contributions to their community and the world.
What is a Friend of Humanity?
The Friendship Ambassadors Foundation has been working with communities to bring people together for over 45 years. We have served first-in-line as a global leader in youth leadership and development, preparing our youth today to serve humanity for a sustainable world free of war, oppression, exclusion, and poverty. Through a worldwide network, programs, and services, we are harnessing the power of friendship as a catalyst for greater understanding, shared learning, and sustainable action.
A Friend of Humanity is someone who embodies this mission: an individual who has gone above and beyond to improve the lives of people – those who need a helping hand the most. Furthermore, the individual is recognized as a true friend who understands and genuinely cares about the issues that people in vulnerable situations face. A Friend of Humanity possesses values of a global citizen and is persevering forward despite obstacles with the goal of understanding, caring for and helping humans be better, do better, and live a more fulfilled and meaningful life with greater opportunities to succeed.
Friend of Humanity Awardees
About the Award
After a rigorous nomination and selection process, candidates will be selected to receive the inaugural Distinguished Alumni Friend of Humanity Award. The winners will receive the following:
- Receive a special invitation letter to attend the 25th Session of The Youth Assembly
- Unique opportunity to speak (in-person or video) at The Youth Assembly regarding their commitment to humanity, global development and how the Friendship Ambassadors Foundation’s programs have transformed their life.
- Award at The Youth Assembly
- A prominent feature on The Youth Assembly website and various social media platforms
Characteristics & Achievements
- Embodies the values and leadership to be a Friend of Humanity
- Has a strong understanding and connection to the FAF Mission
- Has supported FAF over the years
- Demonstrated commitment and action towards global development and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development with a global perspective
- Positively impacted people in their community/globally with a proven track record on playing an active role in social action and/or sustainable development solutions
- The FAF has played a significant role in their life and achievements
- Great self-awareness and desire for self-improvement, learning and helping others
- Integrity and a good reputation within and outside his/her community
To be announced
- Must be a Youth Assembly Alumni and have attended as a delegate and/or
- Must have been a participant in any of the Foundation’s programs since 1973
Only one nomination per individual will be accepted. Nominations may be made by the following:
- Professionals in academia, the field of global development, social sciences or any other field of relevance to the work of the Foundation.
- Any fellow alumni of The Youth Assembly
- Any alumni may nominate themselves