The Youth Assembly
The Ambassadors Program is a leadership opportunity for the Youth Assembly alumni to promote youth engagement and participation, as well as increase awareness and support for youth and other critical issues in their local communities. Ambassadors seek to become pioneers in their community, help youth have a voice at the global stage, and represent the mission of the Friendship Ambassadors Foundation.
Ambassadors for the 26th Session
Ambassadors will adhere to the following standards:
- Complete an online report monthly or as required detailing your strategy and progress made with metrics, photos, and specific activities conducted.
- Complete assignments fully and before the deadline.
- Use the communication promo kit and protocols when presenting about FAF programs.
- Always present accurate information about FAF programs.
- Follow our code of conduct and instill our values:
- Respect for Diversity
What are the responsibilities?
The role of an Ambassador for the Friendship Ambassadors Foundation will be as follows:
Role & Responsibilities
- Serve as an Ambassador for a one-year term.
- Disseminate information regarding FAF programs and campaigns including The Youth Assembly, GAIN and more.
- Nominate youth to become delegates at The Youth Assembly.
- Support Regional Impact Coordinators in their work with GAIN Hubs.
Ambassadors will promote and represent FAF by conducting the following activities (minimum of 5 are required):
- Speak at conferences nationally / regionally
- Speak at events at university / schools / other institutions
- Plan and speak at events in your local community
- Connect with an influencer to support our programs (musician, actor/actress, journalist, anchor, philanthropist, politician, social media etc.)
- Conduct or partake in an online event / webinar
- Speak on a radio station
- Speak on a podcast
- Partner with a Youtuber
- Attend and speak on a television show
- Spread awareness on online mediums by writing blogs / articles / posts
- Conduct weekly scheduled tweets
- Regular content creation and posts on other social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Wechat etc.)
Why become an Ambassador?
- Certificate of Recognition for your dedication and work with the Friendship Ambassadors Foundation
- Receive potential speaking opportunities
- Receive discounts for your delegates for The Youth Assembly*
- Receive complimentary Youth Assembly conference and package fee waivers*
- Public speaking and professional communication
- Opportunities to build your professional network
- Opportunities to attend Youth Assemblies and other programs by FAF
- Leadership opportunity by serving as an inspiration to global youth
- Opportunity to publish online
- Free merchandise
Ambassador status and recognition are determined by your quality of work, how actively and effectively you promote FAF programs, and how well you complete tasks and communicate with our team. Criteria include efforts made in promoting and supporting FAF programs, quality of YA nominees submitted following procedures, and the overall delegation you will be bringing to the next session of the Youth Assembly.
Ambassadors who perform their duties with excellence will receive the Outstanding Ambassador recognition. Outstanding Ambassadors will be honored with a special mention at the Youth Assembly and be promoted on our social media platforms.
Who can apply?
Has attended The Youth Assembly as a Delegate
- Must currently be pursuing an undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate degree from a recognized academic institution during the present academic year OR affiliated with or represent an organization with a similar mission of The Youth Assembly
- Has experience and knowledge in working on an SDG(s) area (Has an active project, preferred)
- Has an active leadership or membership role in the school or community
- Demonstrates commitment to youth empowerment and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Self-starter and problem solver
- Social media savvy with experience in content creation (ie. short videos, tweets, live videos)
- Excellent communication, coordination, and social media skills
How to apply?
To be considered as a candidate, you must complete the two-step application process: an online application and a follow-up online interview. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis, with the first 200 applications prioritized. Remaining applications will be waitlisted and reviewed as needed. Due to a large volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates shall receive a request for a follow-up online interview. If the interview is successful, further information and instructions will be provided to the candidate.
Application deadline: Tuesday, March 31, 2020