Join the Team
FAF is always looking for devoted and energetic people who are willing and able to help us in the pursuit of our mission. We offer opportunities for internships and welcome volunteers to assist with particular areas of our operations. Below you see a listing of the positions we are currently looking to fill – but please don't limit yourself to these! If there's an area where you feel you can – and would like to – contribute, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us!
Intern with FAF!
CURRENT INTERNSHIP POSITIONS AVAILABLE
For more information contact Victor Rene Izquierdo • email@example.com
Friendship Ambassadors Foundation, Inc. is a 39-year old nonprofit organization that organizes global, youth-based gatherings that promote peace and mutual understanding.
FAF is located in Greenwich, Connecticut, just over the Westchester border.
- Project assistants needed for all aspects of these ‘legacy’ cultural exchange programmes. FAF programmes combine tour operations with sustainable development, international cooperation, peace-building relations, marketing, and events planning. (FAF does not charge anything to the organizations it serves and a portion of all actual travel costs are fully tax deductible to the individual travelers and programme participants.)
- Development: Fund Raising and Programme Development. Assist the foundation with your marketing and development skills training or your interest in learning about logistics facilitation for international peace projects.
- IT & Social Networking Experts with a Passion for Travel. FAF is creating a new, for profit social enterprise portal and is seeking a young, social entrepreneur with skills and high-end creativity and savvy to lead this effort. Investment potential is great here and rewards could be very high for the right person or people.
Get Involved in the Youth Assembly at the United Nations. Multiple Intern, Volunteer and Staff Needs:
- Program Development, Event Planning, and Administrative/Management interns
- Volunteers sought for the days of the YA who speak Chinese, Spanish
For further information on internships or volunteer opportunities, contact the foundation at: firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive further instructions on how to proceed.
Volunteer for FAF!
Office Manager In Training for Headquarters in Greenwich
Work with the Executive Director, Program Manager and key staff on running an active office that communicates with the United Nations, air and land vendors worldwide, arts organizations in the United States and abroad. Help FAF coordinate and update its lists, manage its current and future project files, and inventory stock of office supplies and equipment for better evaluation, ordering, and service needs. The office is the heart blood of a grass roots organization such as FAF; this is a very important logistical management training position.
- Credit seeking applicants: experience with any office work or management a plus.
- Neat, responsible person; two and a half days (20 hours) per week for nine months, minimum.
- Computer skills a must.
- Possibility of employment for the successful candidate.
Global Logistics Assistant: Global Peace Exchanges
Global Cultural Peace Exchanges – Assist FAF’s travel staff in the planning and operation of its international cultural exchanges and concert tours. This is an opportunity to learn ways to promote peace through cultural diplomacy, exchange and the arts. It is also training in travel and hospitality logistics worldwide. Some interest or experience in travel, tourism, planning and development a plus. Neat, responsible person; three days per week for nine months, minimum. Computer skills a must. Possibility of international travel and employment for the successful candidate. Position open until filled.
Youth Assembly at the United Nations – 2013
Assist staff on all aspects of the Annual Youth Assembly at the United Nations and outreach project abroad. All events are in the United Nations. Project coordinator interested in learning about conference development and planning: strong emphasis on detail and courteous follow up required. Meet members of the Secretariat, UN Member states, Missions, sister organizations and Affiliate NGOs in plenary sessions and workshops. Be a part of renewal at the UN and serious social change worldwide! Position open until filled.
Foundation Marketing and Branding
Work directly with Executive Director on External Development, Online Development, Branding Issues, Media Relations, Marketing Services to NGOs, Strategic Planning and Presentation
Office and IT Support
Help develop foundation's online presence as a tool to unite NGOs worldwide for peace through arts exchange. Trouble shoot computer and other interactive equipment needs as required. Help with in-house web development and international online arts campaign. Help us move toward blogs, chat rooms, flash player uploads (for cash awards) and the re-working of all telecommunications and networking setup Also, aid staff in general office management as related to these needs. Position open until filled.